Deborah Vajner, Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
The School of Global Studies consists of three major components: Academic Excellence, Global Awareness, and Cultural Activities.
Academic, Behavioral and Attendance Excellence
- Students will maintain an overall B average, with no grade lower than a C.
- Students will be enrolled in Honors or AP level courses where available.
- Students will conduct themselves with a high standard of behavior.
- Students will attend school with a minimum number of absences.
Global Awareness / Community Volunteerism
- Students will learn about our world through participation in cultural and academic activities, and through involvement in our Global Symposiums at FTS.
- Students will show responsibility to their community by participating in worthwhile volunteer activities.
Social and Cultural Activities
- Students will incorporate proper social skills into their conduct in order to be prepared for the competitive world of college admissions and for the professional life that follows.
- Students will take part in opportunities that broaden their experiences with music, art and theatre.
Participation in the School of Global Studies requires students to complete 20 hours of volunteer service yearly through the organized volunteer program at Terry Sanford High School.
In Humanities, seniors are required to complete a Senior Project in which the student explores and researches an important global issue. They will produce a tangible product, write a research paper, and present their findings.